About Me

My photo
Santa Barbara, CA, United States
Hi, my name is Kara. I'm kind of a nerd. But I like to think that that's a good thing. Anywho, welcome to my thoughts.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I start school again in a week...

And I'm really looking forward to it... I mean, the most exciting thing I've done in the last 3 weeks or so is go to Ikea. I'm moving into an apartment in IV next monday, if I ever hear back from the rental agency- I'm adding on to a lease, replacing another girl at the last minute, so we're still waiting on a final approval. Which is a bit stressful, but I'm sure it'll work out.

So I'll have about 3 days to get settled in and all that, and then suddenly, CLASSES! I'm signed up for five classes right now, but I'm definitely dropping one of them, I'm just not sure which yet. The problem is that which one I should take depends on what the entire rest of my college career is going to be like.

Last spring, I decided to stop fooling myself about being a premed- biochem major, and to do the ecology and evolution major instead. So still in the biological sciences, but pretty much the other end of the bio spectrum. I still need to officially make that change, but I know for sure that's what I'm doing. So I'm signed up for two classes from my major's "core curriculum"(Intro to ecology and genetics)- those are for sure. Then I also have an environmentally-based literature class I'm taking for a GE.

The two I'm debating between are a freshwater ecology class that would be a part of my major, and a multimedia writing class, which would be part of a writing minor, if I decide to do that. If I don't do the minor, I'll probably go study abroad next year, in which case it would be a good idea to get more of my major done sooner. So I need to decide between a minor and a study abroad in order to decide what my schedule is going to be. Big decisions. Can't I just go back to the beginning of college?

No comments:

Post a Comment