About Me

My photo
Santa Barbara, CA, United States
Hi, my name is Kara. I'm kind of a nerd. But I like to think that that's a good thing. Anywho, welcome to my thoughts.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A summary of my obsessions thus far this school year.

Here's a brief outline of what I've been watching the last several months:

There's shows that I've just recently gotten into, and watched all the old episodes in a short amount of time-

*ER: It had been on since I was like 3 years old, and ran for 15 seasons, up until last year I guess they decided that they had ran out of ideas and/or fans. I'd watched a few episodes before, in my ROP Health Careers class Junior year of high school, but I'd never watched much. At a rate of one season every weeks or two, I went through and watched all 300 and some episodes. I'm not really sure why I love that show so much, but it has something to do with 1) I'm totally a Carter fangirl and 2) The medical stuff is really interesting to me. During this time, I alternated between omg totally premed and omg totally not premed, every day or so. Now, I'm back to no idea if i want to go that way or not.

Now, I finished ER in time to take a break from the compulsive TV on the Internet habit for dead week and finals, then, once I got home for christmas break, my sister got me watching...

*Torchwood: Is it the action? The sexiness? The welsh accents? The (sometimes) creative sci-fi plots? Probably some combination of the above got me completely hooked after watching one or two episodes. So, during the 3 weeks that I was at home, with no homework to do or textbooks to read, I watched the 3 seasons of Torchwood (2 full seasons, plus the 5-episode miniseries for season 3). The show gets cheesy at times (I don't have a really high opinion of John Barrowman's acting skills), but I absolutely love it.

After finishing Torchwood, I decided that it was about time that I watch some of it's parent show...

*Doctor Who: I've just in the last couple of days finished with the specials that aired a couple of weeks ago. I was definitely aware of Doctor Who, but I'd never watched any of the new series or the classic ones. Now that I've watched all of NuWho, I may go back and watch some of the classic show- I've already watched a couple of serials from the 5th doctor. Because he's David Tennant's (the 10th doctor) favorite. So now I'm on the bandwagon, waiting just a few more months for season 5 and the debut of the 11th doctor. I'm to see Tennant go (because he's a great actor and definitely fun to look at), but I'm keeping an open mind on Matt Smith.


Then there's shows that are new-ish and I've been more or less keeping up with via Hulu:

*Flashforward: I come for the cast (Joseph Fiennes, John Cho, the guy who plays Norrington in Pirates whose name escapes me, then after a while, my favorite hobbit, Dominic Monaghan), I stay for... well it's just a good show, ok? It's kind of a trippy Sci Fi serial.

*Castle: Has been on since last winter. I had to watch it because it stars Nathan Fillion. And I kind of have a weakness for those quirky crime dramas.

Then there's shows that have been on forever that I've been more or less keeping up with:

*Scrubs: Probably my favorite sitcom. Kind of weird since they changed it this season and JD's only there some of the time, but I still like it.

*Bones: With my 3rd Favorite actor named David. I like it for similar reasons as those for liking Castle I guess. It's just been around a lot longer.


Which leads me to my all time favorite show...

*Numb3rs: Is the only show at this point that I actually have to watch when there's a new episode on, rather than just waiting to watch it on the internet. I've been watching Numb3rs since the second episode when I was in 8th grade. Except for a while last year when I lost interest (they kind of are running out of ideas), I've watched every Friday night whenever a new episode is on. And this season it's gotten better again, what with the Charmita wedding in the making. So yes, thank you Numb3rs for making math cool. It makes Differential Equations much more interesting when I know I can go solve crime with them. Or something.


So yes, I do watch too much TV. Yes, I am aware that it's not good for my GPA. But I don't see myself stopping any time soon. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment