About Me

My photo
Santa Barbara, CA, United States
Hi, my name is Kara. I'm kind of a nerd. But I like to think that that's a good thing. Anywho, welcome to my thoughts.

Monday, April 11, 2011

BEDA 11: Climbing the church tower.

Today has been one of those days where I just don't want to do anything. So I pretty much did nothing. I'm not really sure why.

Since today was boring, I'll talk about yesterday! Sunday is a day when I actually do stuff, specifically church stuff. Yesterday evening, I climbed up the church tower with the rest of the young adult group. There's a ladder in the storage closet in the back of the sanctuary, which brings you to the next level, which has the back of the pipe organ pipes and a room where they store extra sheet music. Then another ladder brings you to a short level where you have to be careful not to hit your head. At that level, there's a smallish round window that looks out right over the front doors of the church. The next level is open to the outside air, with wooden slats with screens over them.
Then finally, you can take the last ladder into the very top of the tower. It was a bit tight with five of us up there, but the 360ยบ view is amazing.

Santa Barbara has a lot of buildings. And palm trees. That's pretty much what we could see from the church tower. Oh, and the ocean. And the mountains. And everything.

On the way down, we decided that it would be a very good place to hide out in the event of a zombiepocalypse. I like planning for zombiepocalypses. This is one of the reasons my church friends are awesome. Anyways, fun times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment