About Me

My photo
Santa Barbara, CA, United States
Hi, my name is Kara. I'm kind of a nerd. But I like to think that that's a good thing. Anywho, welcome to my thoughts.

Friday, April 29, 2011

BEDA 28: Finally registered for Annual Gathering!

My big news of the day is that I finally got around to registering for the church conference annual gathering that I'm an official delegate for. So I get to go to San Diego the first weekend in June! I'm kind of excited. I've only been to San Diego once, for like a day, during christmas break last December. I guess now I kind of officially live in Southern California, though.

Have I talked about this on my blog? I don't think I have. As of probably this June, my parents will no longer be living in Oroville. My dad has already been down in La Habra, CA (the northern edge of Orange County, for those who care) for about 5 months, and my mom is moving down there once the school year is over. My sister's staying up north, and I'm staying here. My brother's presumably moving down with my parents. So I'm officially going to be a SoCal person. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I've been in Santa Barbara for a year and a half, but that's just at college, I can still consider myself a NorCal person, and Santa Barbara is like the top edge of what you can call SoCal anyways.

So right. Church meeting. I like church meetings. Well, the business part is inevitably boring, but at least I get to vote. Going to church business meetings and not being able to vote is both boring and frustrating. I don't know how it works in all kinds of churches- I'm pretty sure a lot of them just have a few head honchos who decide everything- but in the UC, everything is very democratic, everyone gets their voice heard, and they argue about pointless stuff for hours on end if they are allowed. But the rest of everything is a lot of fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment